|Centuries:||10th century - 11th century - 12th century|
|Decades:|| 1030s 1040s 1050s - 1060s - 1070s 1080s 1090s
|Years:||1066 1067 1068 - 1069 - 1070 1071 1072|
|1069 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar||1069 |
|Ab urbe condita||1822|
|Armenian calendar||518 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-775 – -774|
|Coptic calendar||785 – 786|
|Ethiopian calendar||1061 – 1062|
|Hebrew calendar||4829 – 4830|
|- Vikram Samvat||1124 – 1125|
|- Shaka Samvat||991 – 992|
|- Kali Yuga||4170 – 4171|
|Iranian calendar||447 – 448|
|Islamic calendar||461 – 462|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1729|
|Thai solar calendar||1612|
MLXIX in Roman numerals
Events[edit | edit source]
- Harrying of the North — King William of England (William the Conqueror) reacts to rebellions made by his people against him. He rides through the north of England with his army and burns houses, crops, cattle and land from York to Durham. Results in the deaths of over 100,000 people, mainly from starvation and winter cold.
- William the Conqueror founds the Norman Selby Abbey
- Abbad III al-Mu'tamid succeeds his father to the throne of Sevilla.
- Shenzong appoints Wang Anshi as his chief councelor.
- Wang Anshi, chancellor of the Chinese Song Dynasty, implements the New Policies, which include financial reforms, raising the salaries of officials to reduce corruption, institution of the baojia system, etc.
- Magnus II of Norway dies and Olav III becomes sole King of Norway.
- The Seljuk Turks fail to capture Iconium following a Byzantine counter-attack launched from Syria.
Births[edit | edit source]
Deaths[edit | edit source]
Heads of State[edit | edit source]
- England — William I (reigned 1066–1087)
- France — Philip I (reigned 1060–1108)
- Germany — Henry IV (reigned 1055–1105)
- Norway — Olav III (reigned 1067–1093)
- Scotland — Malcolm III (reigned 1058–1093)
- Byzantine Empire — Michael VII (reigned 1067–1078) and Romanus IV (reigned 1068–1071)
- Pope — Alexander II (pope 1061–1073)
People of the year 1069 at Familypedia
10 people were born in 1069
2 children were born to the 4 women born in 1069
16 people died in 1069
917 people lived in 1069
Events of the year 1069 at Familypedia
6 people were married in 1069.
There were 0 military battles in 1069.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1069. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.