|Centuries:||10th century - 11th century - 12th century|
|Decades:|| 980s 990s 1000s - 1010s - 1020s 1030s 1040s
|Years:||1007 1008 1009 - 1010 - 1011 1012 1013|
|1010 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar||1010 |
|Ab urbe condita||1763|
|Armenian calendar||459 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-834 – -833|
|Coptic calendar||726 – 727|
|Ethiopian calendar||1002 – 1003|
|Hebrew calendar||4770 – 4771|
|- Vikram Samvat||1065 – 1066|
|- Shaka Samvat||932 – 933|
|- Kali Yuga||4111 – 4112|
|Iranian calendar||388 – 389|
|Islamic calendar||400 – 401|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1670|
|Thai solar calendar||1553|
Events[edit | edit source]
By Place[edit | edit source]
Asia[edit | edit source]
- The Ly Dynasty in Vietnam is established (or in 1009) and moved the Vietnam's capital to Hanoi, the founding year of Hanoi.
- Persian poet Ferdowsi finishes writing The Shahnameh (Book of Kings).
- Umayyad caliph of Cordoba Hisham II is restored, succeeding Suleiman II.
- Goryeo king unseated in a revolt, resulting in an invasion by the Liao Dynasty and the burning of the Korean capital Kaekyong in the Second Goryeo-Khitan War.
- City of Yaroslavl said to have been founded.
- Song Zhun of Song Dynasty China completed the work of the earlier geographer Lu Duosun in this year, an enormous atlas of China that was written and illustrated in 1,556 chapters showing maps of each region, city, town, and village. The atlas took 39 years to complete.
Americas[edit | edit source]
- Viking explorer Thorfinn Karlsefni attempts to found a settlement in North America (approximate date).
Africa[edit | edit source]
- The river Nile freezes.
By Topic[edit | edit source]
Literature[edit | edit source]
Technology[edit | edit source]
Births[edit | edit source]
- May 30 — Emperor Renzong of China (d. 1063)
- Benno, bishop of Meissen (d.1106)
- Bermudo III of León, king of León (d. 1037)
- Ali Ahmad Nasawi, (d. 1075)
- Michael IV the Paphlagonian, Byzantine Emperor (d. 1041)
- Gebhard of Salzburg, Archbishop of Salzburg (d. 1088)
- Otto of Savoy (d. 1060)
- Adalbero of Würzburg, Bishop of Würzburg and Count of Lambach-Wels (d. 1111)
Deaths[edit | edit source]
- John Curcuas, Byzantine catepan of Italy
- Ælfric of Eynsham, English abbot
- Aimoin, French monk and chronicler
People of the year 1010 at Familypedia
35 people were born in 1010
29 children were born to the 10 women born in 1010
5 people died in 1010
458 people lived in 1010
Events of the year 1010 at Familypedia
5 people were married in 1010.
There were 0 military battles in 1010.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1010. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.