|Centuries:||10th century - 11th century - 12th century|
|Decades:|| 970s 980s 990s - 1000s - 1010s 1020s 1030s
|Years:||1005 1006 1007 - 1008 - 1009 1010 1011|
|1008 by topic|
|Lists of leaders|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths – Works|
|Establishments and disestablishments categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Gregorian calendar||1008 |
|Ab urbe condita||1761|
|Armenian calendar||457 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-836 – -835|
|Coptic calendar||724 – 725|
|Ethiopian calendar||1000 – 1001|
|Hebrew calendar||4768 – 4769|
|- Vikram Samvat||1063 – 1064|
|- Shaka Samvat||930 – 931|
|- Kali Yuga||4109 – 4110|
|Iranian calendar||386 – 387|
|Islamic calendar||398 – 399|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1668|
|Thai solar calendar||1551|
Events[edit | edit source]
By Place[edit | edit source]
Europe[edit | edit source]
- Oldest known mention of the city of Gundelfingen.
- Olav Haraldsson, the future king of Norway lands on Saaremaa island in Estonia, wins a battle there and forces the inhabitants to pay tribute.
Asia[edit | edit source]
- Mohammed II succeeds Hisham II as Caliph of Cordoba.
- Unification of Georgia under king Bagrat III.
- The Egyptian Fatimid Empire under Al-Hakim bi-Amr Allah sends the sea captain Domiyat on a tributary mission to Emperor Zhenzong of the Song Dynasty in order to reestablish trade relations between Egypt and China.
By Topic[edit | edit source]
Religion[edit | edit source]
- Olof of Sweden, king of Sweden, is baptized by saint Sigfrid.
- Bruno of Querfurt and others try to establish a mission among the Prussians.
Births[edit | edit source]
- May 4 — King Henry I of France (d. 1060)
- October 12 — Emperor Go-Ichijō of Japan (d. 1036)
- Sugawara no Takasue no musume Japanese writer
Deaths[edit | edit source]
People of the year 1008 at Familypedia
12 people were born in 1008
4 children were born to the 5 women born in 1008
4 people died in 1008
429 people lived in 1008
Events of the year 1008 at Familypedia
0 people were married in 1008.
There were 0 military battles in 1008.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 1008. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.